If you’ve been listening to The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast recently or receiving these newsletters for a while, you’ll often hear me talk about how the entrepreneurial journey is full of ups and downs, and twists and turns.
What you’ll also hear me say is that the rocky ride is all quite normal and expected; and actually, the closer we can sail to the reality of that, the less likely we are to feel frustrated, fed up, or disappointed when things don’t go our way.
But let’s talk about the rocky bits for a moment. When things feel a bit scary, go wrong, or it’s all just too damn hard!
Those are the times we’re more likely to begin our sentences with “The problem is..” and end with “so what’s the point?”
– The problem is…I’m just not making enough money…so what’s the point?
– The problem is…Facebook doesn’t show any of my posts…so what’s the point?
– The problem is…I’m just no good on the tech side…so what’s the point?
What if I told you the ‘problem’ is not any of those things at all? You see, when we think in that kind of way, we’re actually looking in the wrong direction. Where we need to be looking is inside, and focusing on our own level of resilience, in spite of that thinking, and the circumstances that present themselves before us.
The good news is, underneath all that unhelpful thinking, we’re actually very resilient beings. Why? Because we’re human. For one thing, we wouldn’t still be here on this planet if we weren’t, right?
In fact, the quickest route to becoming a more resilient entrepreneur is to see problems less so as ‘problems’ and more so as challenges. A sudoku puzzle is not a problem, it’s a challenge, as is training for a half marathon, trying a new recipe for the first time, and putting a piece of flat pack furniture together.
Imagine what would happen if we applied that same mindset approach to building a business too?
You see, as humans, we are far better at challenges than we are problems. Problems are pesky and wear us down. Challenges can fire us up and even get us excited. With challenges, we know that if we take a step by step approach, and combine that with a fairly good dose of patience, we will more than likely make some decent progress.
When we draw upon our innate resilience and see each problem as a challenge, there’s not a lot we can’t achieve in business, even things that feel impossible.
I hope you find this useful because if there’s one thing I wish for us all as business owners, is that we realise we have all that we need within us, to successfully navigate the ‘inner journey’ of being an entrepreneur.
So, if you’re finding that many of your conversations tend to begin with “the problem is” and end with “so what’s the point” (or words to that effect) then you could be just the person I’m looking for to work with from September 2017. That’s when I have some spaces opening up for 1:1 personal development coaching & mentoring for Entrepreneurs, CEOs and Leaders.
So when is ‘enough is enough’?
- When you’re feeling exhausted, burnt out, or depressed right now and don’t know how to break the cycle;
- When you want to have a better balance between work and personal life but just can’t seem to get there on your own;
- When you’re in your head a lot – overthinking and worrying about all sorts of things and you can’t think straight; (Really common by the way)
- When you’re close to tears because fears, anxieties, or even phobias keep popping up all over the place, trying to sabotage your best efforts;
- When not a day seems to go by without some kind of perfectionism, procrastination, shiny object syndrome, comparanoia, or any other (very, very common!) habits of an entrepreneur, keep showing up for you and setting you right back in your business.
…and by the way, all of the above (and I mean all of the above) is fixable.
Not only that but people find that the skills that they learn during our time together, is not just useful to apply in business, it also spans across all areas of life, work, and in their relationships with others.
So if you’re feeling connected to any of this, and you’re drawn to find out more, then let’s start by scheduling an Exploratory Call to see whether this could be the right fit for both of us; and if for some reason it’s not, then my aim is that you still leave the call with some clarity about what your next steps are.
Click on the button below to book yourself in for our Exploratory Call==>
Hope to connect with you soon 🙂