“Just get it started, don’t get it perfect, just do it!” (Dionne Wilson, Inside Out Beauty & Massage)
Dionne Wilson is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur podcast. I first met Dionne about 2 or so years ago when she joined the masterminding group that I’m a part of, and I knew I liked her immediately. She’s one of these people you just love being around, with an infectious laugh, and great energy, and I’m not sure if she says this during our conversation today, but two of her highest values in life is freedom and independence, and you can really hear that coming through in the way she approaches being in business for herself.
Dionne first went self-employed in October 2016 and so she is just coming up to her first year in business; when I asked her what it’s been like so far, she said:
“Exciting. Scary. Lonely”
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- How Dionne was motivated to become self-employed after feeling disillusioned with the corporate world, and how she discovered the work she does now through trusting;
- How 80% of her business comes from referrals and word of mouth, and not Facebook or Social Media;
- Dionne designs her day around when she is most productive, energised and what fits for her;
- Dionne talks about being a business owner and being single, (without being married or with children) and the advantages and disadvantages of this;
- What it’s like to have friends who are not business owners or entrepreneurs and how she approaches the (well meant) question “why don’t you get a proper job”;
- You don’t have to have it all worked out, you just need to be a couple of steps ahead of the people you are helping.
Where you can learn more about Dionne Wilson
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Please help to spread the word
If you’re a fan of The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast, and you’re finding it’s keeping you happy, healthy and sane as you venture on your own entrepreneurial journey, then (firstly, that’s great!) will you please spread the word amongst your business buddy friends? Let them know about it by forwarding them this webpage or they can search for ‘The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast With Sarah Swanton’ on iTunes, and it will show up that way.
And if you’re feeling really grateful that this podcast exists then why not leave a lovely review, so that others searching for a podcast to listen to will feel inspired to do by reading the comments?
Here’s the link to leave a review on iTunes, it can be a bit tricky, but hopefully, the following instructions make it a little easier:
From the link, click on View In iTunes which is underneath the album cover, then once it opens up, click on the Ratings & Reviews tab next to Details.
Thank you so much!