“You need to be happy now, not tagging happiness on to ‘when X happens, I’ll be happy’, just be happy now” (Karen Bromley, Maya Wellbeing)
Karen Bromley, Founder of www.MayaWellbeing.co.uk is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast. Karen is a Hypnotherapist, Wellness Coach and Inner Child Therapist. She’s also a speaker and number 1 best-selling author of ‘Free Your Mind: Change Your Life! Her book tells the story of how she transformed her life from years of crippling M.E and feeling overwhelmed by dark, negative thoughts to feeling well, happy, and inspired to change her career path and start a new life in Norfolk.
The book also introduces us to Karen’s 6 step ‘Maya Method’ that transports people from feeling ‘stuck’ to living an Abundant Life! Karen previously worked as a social worker in mental health and stroke rehabilitation and is passionate about empowering people to change any self-limiting beliefs or fears so that they can go on and live their true authentic life.
When I asked Karen to think about the 3 words that really sum up what her entrepreneurial journey has been like so far, she said:
Freedom. Rollercoaster. Expansion.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- How discovering hypnotherapy and having this as a business, allows her to continue learning and developing, not only for her clients but also for herself and her own personal development journey;
- Karen’s biggest challenge early on, was self-belief particularly when she developed The Maya Method with thoughts of “I’m not good enough” and “what I have to say is not important”, and how shifting that using hypnotherapy made a big difference;
- Karen enjoys being herself now, wearing the clothes she wants to wear, her branding, her videos, public speaking – it all feels very authentic now that she has developed self-belief and confidence;
- She talks about being there “in the raw” when she stands up and speaks at networking events about her experience of ME and ill health, and how one gentleman came up and threw his arms around her;
- Walking in nature with her dog, yoga, pilates, tai-chi, and listening to hypnosis recordings all help to keep her sane as a business owner;
- How Karen sees challenges and problems as opportunities to learn and grow and uses this on herself as well as the clients she works with.
Recommendations and Resources:
Where you can learn more about Karen Bromley
Facebook Biz Page: https://www.facebook.com/mayawellbeing/
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Please help to spread the word
If you’re a fan of The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast, and you’re finding it’s keeping you happy, healthy and sane as you venture on your own entrepreneurial journey, then (firstly, that’s great!) will you please spread the word amongst your business buddy friends? Let them know about it by forwarding them this webpage or they can search for ‘The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast With Sarah Swanton’ on iTunes, and it will show up that way.
And if you’re feeling really grateful that this podcast exists then why not leave a lovely review, so that others searching for a podcast to listen to will feel inspired to do by reading the comments?
Here’s the link to leave a review on iTunes, it can be a bit tricky, but hopefully, the following instructions make it a little easier:
From the link, click on View In iTunes which is underneath the album cover, then once it opens up, click on the Ratings & Reviews tab next to Details.
Thank you so much!