“There’s always a way. Nothing’s impossible! I don’t give up easily. I know I can do it, and it’s the coaches that keep me on track.” (Wendy Capewell, Relationship Coach )
Wendy Capewell is this week’s guest on The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast, and she is a Relationship Coach, specifically working with couples who know that they love each other, they’ve just lost some of their spark, and are really invested in getting it back again and ultimately having a happy, healthy relationship with one another.
Wendy is also a regular contributor to magazines and is the author of a book called ‘From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship’
Now, like many business owners who set up on their own, Wendy did have another career before re-training as a Relationship Specialist. She worked in finance and admin, and was also a Housing Officer for 5 years in a Local Authority, so, this has been a complete change for her, not only in starting her own business but also in a very different type of business.
So when I asked Wendy to reflect on the three words that best describe her entrepreneurial journey so far she said:
Exciting. Frustrating. Freedom.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- How Wendy really makes the flexibility of working for herself, work for her. How she spent 5 weeks visiting friends in Australia and New Zealand, because she could!;
- How when you start up in business, you have to wear every single ‘hat’ in the early days, and the sheer frustration of getting everything done, and the shock of qualifying as a therapist, but not having the business or marketing skills to attract clients;
- How she wishes she brought on VA support systems in place, earlier on in her self-employment journey;
- How people in the self-employment community are so helpful, supportive and full of advice if you just ask;
- Self-care comes first. Being able to recognise when to ask the question “What do I need to take care of myself, today?”;
- The power of online community, and friendships that have developed from the social media world, and helped with overcoming self-employment isolation.
Recommendations and Resources:
Nick Vujicic – A Life Without Limbs
Catherine Watkin of Selling From The Heart
Angela Harkness of High Heelers
Where you can learn more about Wendy Capewell
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Please help to spread the word
If you’re a fan of The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast, and you’re finding it’s keeping you happy, healthy and sane as you venture on your own entrepreneurial journey, then (firstly, that’s great!) will you please spread the word amongst your business buddy friends? Let them know about it by forwarding them this webpage or they can search for ‘The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast With Sarah Swanton’ on iTunes, and it will show up that way.
And if you’re feeling really grateful that this podcast exists then why not leave a lovely review, so that others searching for a podcast to listen to will feel inspired to do by reading the comments?
Here’s the link to leave a review on iTunes, it can be a bit tricky, but hopefully, the following instructions make it a little easier:
From the link, click on View In iTunes which is underneath the album cover, then once it opens up, click on the Ratings & Reviews tab next to Details.
Thank you so much!