“It’s not enough to dream this stuff, and just have positive visualisation, you have to take the steps, and once you start taking the steps, the Universe comes in behind you and gives you a good push”
Pat Duckworth is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast. Pat is a midlife mentor, author and international public speaker. After over 30 years working in the public and voluntary sector at a senior management level, Pat discovered her entrepreneurial mojo in her mid-50s and retrained as a therapist and coach. Since then she has published three books including the award-winning, ‘Hot Women, Cool Solutions’. Pat’s fourth book, ‘Hot Women Rock; How to discover your midlife entrepreneurial mojo’, was published in 2016 and became a #1 International Bestseller.
Pat is a regular guest on radio shows in the UK, America and Canada. She has contributed articles to national newspapers and magazines including the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph and Natural Health. She has spoken at conferences in America, Holland, Cyprus and India as well as the UK.
She is passionate about inspiring women to get the best from their lives, no matter what their age.
When I asked Pat to think about what three words best describe what her entrepreneurial journey her been like so far, she said:
Exciting. Evolving. Connecting.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- Age just isn’t an issue, it’s all about attitude!;
- Don’t be afraid of technology because actually, it’s more about patience than it is – ‘technical’ skills;
- Don’t think you have to do it all by yourself – there are lots of affordable solutions and resources out there to get the help;
- Some of the strategies behind getting a No.1 Best Seller book, (internationally!), and the importance of nurturing connections and networks;
- The best tips for getting more public speaking ‘gigs’ as part of your marketing strategy.
Recommendations and Resources:
Where you can learn more about Pat Duckworth
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Join the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur movement
Happy Healthy Entrepreneur was founded by Sarah Swanton in early 2017 and is a movement dedicated to supporting purpose-driven entrepreneurs to achieve optimum mental health and wellbeing so that they have all the emotional resources they need to create a happy and profitable business, out there making a positive social, and conscious impact in the world.
For more information go to the Facebook Page or you can sign up to the newsletter, and be the first to hear about upcoming events, workshops, as well as The Happy Entrepreneur group mentoring programme launching in Spring 2018.
Finally, if you think our values are aligned, and you’d like to chat about the idea of collaborating on a project together, coming to speak at one of your events, please get in touch, email@example.com, I always love to hear from like-minded souls!