“You need a team. You can’t build a successful business on your own, and being a solopreneur means it will always be you, and you will always have to work really hard. Get the right team on board, do not try to do everything on your own. Do not spend days trying to figure out something, that someone could figure out in five minutes!”
I’m delighted to welcome Lenka Koppova who is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast.
Lenka Koppova is a freelance Social Media Consultant working with small business, social enterprises and startups, helping them to grow their businesses using social media the right way! She also spends a lot of time educating small business owners about digital marketing and business development. Lenka has run her own business since April 2016.
When I asked Lenka what three words sum up her entrepreneurial journey so far she said:
Social. Community. Collaboration.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- How a bad experience working for a digital marketing agency led to her become self-employed, and 3 months in from that point, would never look back!
- From the beginning, Lenka was clear that she would design a business where she would only do the things she enjoyed, learn how she did just that.
- How she overcame her resistance to talking (Lenka is originally from the Czech Republic), through attending 2-3 networking events in one day.
- Lenka now chooses networking as her main marketing activity because she loves it so much – and plans her month around it (and yes, she is an introvert).
- Lenka’s style of selling didn’t come easily and had to overcome some imposter syndrome first, listen to what she has to say about how she did that.
- The first 6 months of her business, Lenka just worked, and didn’t go out, becoming very close to burnout; it was a holiday with a friend that gave her a huge ‘aha’ moment and made some big commitments to herself which she has followed through on, to make her life even better.
Recommendations and Resources:
Where you can learn more about Lenka
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Happy Healthy Entrepreneur was founded by Sarah Swanton in 2017 and is dedicated to teaching purpose-driven entrepreneurs how to optimise their mental health and wellbeing so they can have all the emotional resources they need to create a happy, successful, and profitable business.
For more information go to the Facebook Page or you can sign up to the newsletter, and be the first to hear about upcoming events, workshops, as well as The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Group Programme launching in 2018.
Finally, if you think our values are aligned, and you’d like to chat about the idea of collaborating on a project together, coming to speak at one of your events, please get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org, I always love to hear from like-minded souls