“When it comes to overcoming fear of visibility, there is nothing that beats taking action. Just do something. Anything to get into action and you will learn so much more than having done nothing at all.”
This week, I’m delighted to introduce you to Ann Brown who is this week’s podcast guest.
For those of you who don’t yet know her, Ann is the founder of Happy Being You. She is a highly sensitive introvert and the UK’s leading expert on overcoming the fear of visibility for introverts in business. She is a passionate role model and guiding light for heart-centred introverts who struggle with getting ‘out there’ with their business, and who want to step into their power so they can make the difference in the world they are here to make.
Her clients describe her as a ‘steel fist in a velvet glove’; gentle and sensitive yet always making sure they get the results they want. She is dedicated and dependable, using her grounded nature to calmly bring clients back to what’s important. Ann’s vigilance and calm composure help her clients focus and progress. She lives surrounded by the wilds of nature, with her daughter and Bernese mountain dog.
When I asked Ann to reflect on the three words that sum up her entrepreneurial journey so far, she said:
Freedom. Self Expression. Courage.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode
- Becoming an entrepreneur has been a personal development journey in itself for Ann.
- When Ann trained as a coach, having the coaching skills is one thing, but turning it into a business is quite another!
- It took a move to the wilds of Scotland immersed in peace, nature, and wildlife to really find her creative focus and flow.
- Energy healing is a big part of what keeps Ann grounded and centred, and she even shares one technique with us.
- How Ann had a fear of visibility in the early days and the mindset she has developed to get around that (without having to throw herself in at the deep end!).
- We also talk ‘who’s who’ in the world of authentic marketing, and some of the great ideas that have come from these experts.
Recommendations and Resources
Where you can learn more about Ann
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
About me, Sarah Swanton & Happy Healthy Entrepreneur
Hello, I’m Sarah, and I’m a Podcaster and the founder of Happy Healthy Entrepreneur, where I support entrepreneurs with their mental health and wellbeing, so they can enjoy the self-employment journey, and have a business that supports them, not exhausts them!
Because when you think about it, what’s the alternative? Possible burnout, or have to go back and get a J.O.B which is no fun for anyone, if all you really want is to be in business for yourself, earning a healthy sustainable income, doing what it is you love.
I’m also creating a brand new online course which is focused on mindset, and designed to help entrepreneurs get out of their own way so they can make their business vision a reality. If you’d like to be part of this group of solopreneurs, then please put your name down, and I’ll make sure you hear all about it, as soon as it’s ready to go.
Finally, if you think our values are aligned, and you’d like to chat about the idea of collaborating on a project together, or coming to speak at one of your events, please get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org, I always love to hear from like-minded souls!