“My advice to anyone starting out is to charge more. Nobody I know starting out, charges enough. I think it’s critical to know your worth and I think most people, particularly women, don’t give ourselves credit for our experience and skills.”
I’m delighted to welcome Karen Arnott who is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast.
Karen is an enthusiastic graphic designer with over twenty years industry experience – the last twelve of those as a freelancer. Karen works with small businesses providing web and graphic design services so that they can be confident their brand stands out and represents their core values.
When I asked Karen what three words sum up her entrepreneurial journey so far she said:
Freedom. Tenacity. Fun.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- What it was like becoming employed again after being a freelancer for a number of years, and the lessons learned from that.
- How Karen manages childcare and freelancing projects over the Summer holidays.
- The importance of setting client boundaries from the offset, and knowing when a client relationship is not going to work.
- The big wake up call that came a few years ago, and the changes that Karen has put into place since, to prevent burnout.
- The useful mindset shift she had about assertiveness, self-worth, and anxiety, after attending Confident Speaker workshop.
Recommendations and Resources:
Where you can learn more about Karen
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Join the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur movement
Happy Healthy Entrepreneur was founded by Sarah Swanton in early 2017 and is a movement dedicated to supporting purpose-driven entrepreneurs to achieve optimum mental health and wellbeing so that they have all the emotional resources they need to create a happy and profitable business, out there making a positive social, and conscious impact in the world.
For more information go to the Facebook Page or you can sign up to the newsletter, and be the first to hear about upcoming events, workshops, as well as The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Online Programme launching in 2018.
Finally, if you think our values are aligned, and you’d like to chat about the idea of collaborating on a project together, coming to speak at one of your events, please get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org, I always love to hear from like-minded souls