“If there is something you want to do, stop thinking about it, and just go and do it, because you will not know the result until you do it. I remember when I first moved to Suffolk, and it took me a year, to approach Inner Guidance Retreat Centre, about selling our art pieces. When I actually got the courage, Jo (De Rosa) said ‘you are the perfect match, you are the person we were waiting for!’ and I thought why did it take me a year!”
I’m delighted to welcome Vendulka Battais who is this week’s guest on the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Podcast.
Vendulka is a textile artist specialising in creating beautiful wall hangings with yoga, sacred geometry and symbols as a theme. She’s the owner of OliVen – a successful and growing patchwork and quilting shop based in the heart of Suffolk, England, where she also teaches workshops, even though she prefers the word “enabler” rather than teacher as she loves to enable people to make whatever it is they want to make.
When I asked Vendulka what three words sum up her entrepreneurial journey so far she said:
Self Development. Creativity. Flexibility.
What you’ll learn by listening to this episode:
- How Vendulka turned her passion for patchwork into a business and has since been self-employed for 6 years.
- What it’s like to work in a family business, and how her 7 and 3-year-old are very much part of the business too.
- What it feels like when all you want to do is ‘create’ and enable others to as well, but you have to run a business too!
- Six years in, Vendulka would say she is still trying to find the balance between the business side and the creative side.
- How a daily meditation habit helps to keep her calm and gives her 30 minutes a day to herself.
- Joining a mastermind was one of the best investment decisions for her personally and her business, in terms of accountability, support, and amazing friendships, but you don’t have to start one, you can start your own.
- It’s good to be inspired by other entrepreneurs in the same field as you, but it’s important to figure out what is right for you.
- Fear of rejection is the silliest fear of all because it’s not going to hurt you, it’s just going to make you stronger and help you to learn and grow and develop.
Recommendations and Resources:
Where you can learn more about Vendulka
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Join the Happy Healthy Entrepreneur movement
Happy Healthy Entrepreneur was founded by Sarah Swanton in early 2017 and is a movement dedicated to supporting purpose-driven entrepreneurs to achieve optimum mental health and wellbeing so that they have all the emotional resources they need to create a happy and profitable business, out there making a positive social, and conscious impact in the world.
For more information go to the Facebook Page or you can sign up to the newsletter, and be the first to hear about upcoming events, workshops, as well as The Happy Healthy Entrepreneur Online Programme launching in 2018.
Finally, if you think our values are aligned, and you’d like to chat about the idea of collaborating on a project together, coming to speak at one of your events, please get in touch, email@example.com, I always love to hear from like-minded souls